Group chat [tags]
McMyAdmin users: This guide won't work for McMA users with exporting to GroupManager enabled. You'll have to use the colour options on the Groups and Users tab. You may need iChat installed to see the group tags.
To have a [tag] before someone's name, you'll need two plugins. GroupManager and iChat.
Adding coloured chat tags
- Shut down your server. Checkout our How to start/stop/restart/update your server page on how to do that.
- Log into your server using WinSCP. Checkout our Using WinSCP page on how to do that.
- Navagate to the minecraft/plugins/GroupManager/worlds/world folder on your server and open the groups.yml file.
- Find the group you're looking for and add the tag to the prefix area.
example: prefix: '&2[Mod] &f'
The &2 is a green colour code, the &f is a white colour code. So that example will appear as <[Mod] Cyprias> in game.
For a list of available colour codes, checkout the MinecraftWiki.net: Color Codes page.
- Save the file (ctrl+S) then close it.
- Start your server back up. Checkout our How to start/stop/restart/update your server page on how to do that.
If you're having trouble with adding chat tags, send us a ticket with the step you're having trouble with and we'll help you out.