This article explains how to setup new groups in McMyAdmin.
First we will cover the 3 biggest mistakes people make while setting up groups:
1. Do not set more than one group to "Inherits from: None"! Only one group, normally the "Guest" group can be set to "Inherits from: None".
2. Do not add any player to more than one group. Doing this will crash the plugin.
3. Do not create any groups with spaces in the name. Doing this will crash the plugin.
Now that you know what not to do, proceed with adding new groups:
1. In McMyAdmin go to the section that says "Users and Groups". Next go to the second box that says "Groups". Once there go to the bottom where you see a box under "Add New".
2. In the box enter the name of the new group you would like and hit the "+" symbol to add it. Now make sure the new group is selected and scroll down to the bottom to create it's settings.
3. Set the new group to inherit from another group, IE: Inherits from "Regular", the group must inherit from another group or the permissions system will fail to work, with the exception of one "Default" group, usually "Guests".
4. Still at the bottom you can now set the chat colors and prefix, the prefix is what will show up before the players name so if you wanted it to say: [Farmer] Billy then you would want to type [Farmer] in the prefix box.
5. Now that the group has been setup you can go back up to "Add New" and add the players to the group under "Users" you can also assign their permissions under "Permissions".