Minecraft 1.0 Patch Notes
Fixes & Changes:
- New achievements
- Amount of Experience Orbs dropped by a player on death now limited.
- The ability of Endermen to carry blocks reduced in some way.
- New Monster Spawner texture.
- Ghast fireballs have a different texture.
- On death, a proper score is given based on how many experience orbs the player has collected.
- When flowing lava hits a water source directly from above, it creates Stone where previously the lava would flow through the water.
- You can toggle between three states when pressing F5 (first person, third person back, third person front), having the addition of 3rd person view from the front.
- Ender Pearls have a unique ability. When thrown, the player will teleport to the Ender Pearl's impact location, but take 2 and 1/2 hearts of fall damage. They will not work in Creative.
- Golden Apples now glow purple in inventory.
- Fences no longer block you from moving onto their space. You can now stand next to them, like you can with glass panes and iron bars.
- They will also connect to solid blocks.
- There is a slight delay between jumps when holding down the jump button, so that the player no longer bounces between ceiling and floor in two-block-high spaces.
- Labels for items have a blue border.
- Random loot chests in Strongholds.
- Blocking now moves the player's arm, rather than the sword just floating right in front of the player.
- Weapon and tool damage has been nerfed to make space for the increased damage enchantments (Diamond swords do 3.5 hearts now instead of 5).
- Some mob health has been changed (Sheep, Spiders, Zombies)
- In the Nether:
- "The End" (unofficially called "The Ender", or "Enderlands"), which replaces the previously announced Sky Dimension.
- New Items:
- Finished Biome code and new Biomes.
- New sound effects, including:
- Changes in already existing sounds:
- A change in the sound of Rain.
- New sounds for Doors.
- New sounds for the Skeletons' walk to make them sound more skeleton-y.
- Bow models now appear in third-person larger and in 3D.
- If water or lava is above a ceiling that is a single block thick, particles of water or lava will drip through, provided you are within 13 blocks of the ceiling.
- 6 New Mobs:
- Experience (skills) is now enchantments.
- Each Experience Orb is worth one Score Point.
- Animal Breeding.
- Wheat Bundles feed animals and make them come towards you.
- Feeding animals makes them enter "love mode".
- Hearts will come out of animals while in love mode.
- Breeding will produce Baby Animals. Smaller versions of the parents with large heads that have a faster animation and a higher pitched sound.
- Unlimited Strongholds per map (changed from three).
- New/Improved Armor system.
- Increased armor durability.
- Sun and moon changes:
- Game mechanics changes:
- Hardcore Mode - Locks the difficulty to Hard and forces you to delete your world if you die. The health bar changes appearance to indicate you are playing in Hardcore mode.
- Item Repair
- Potions, Splash Potions, Potion effects, Brewing Stand, and Brewing.
- Enchantment Table, and Enchanting
View RSS Feed